12.06.2004

Did you miss me?

Wow...where to begin?
The past week has been WILD.
I tried to post a couple things to the blog via e-mail, but they didn't come through. I'll have to report that to Blogger...in the meantime...here's some info to catch you up:

Monday, 11/29:
--Work - Prep for conducting usability tests at the end of the week; Prep for Webtrends consultant who arrived on Tuesday.
--Focus group observation after work.
--Anthony Gomes at Bourbon Street after the focus group. (Our friend JC from Sioux Falls plays B3 with Anthony. Johnny The Clock got to sit in. He rocked...as usual.) We didn't get home until 1:30 a.m. and both of us had to get up at 5:45.
Yikers!

Tuesday, 11/30:
--Work - Consultant for new web traffic servers (Webtrends) in for the first day of three. This new system, even at it's most basic use, is going to be 100 times better than our current system. And, after we've had time (6 months or so) to reconfigure a few things and put some new processes in place, the information is going to be 1000 times better.
--Practiced for Wednesday night's writers round w/JTC.

Wednesday, 12/1:
--Work - Day two of Webtrends Consultant; More good stuff...but my brain was mush.
--6 p.m. Writer's Round at The Commodore w/ Steve C, Cat and Johnny the Clock on percussion. It went pretty well. I played piano for two of my songs...adequately. (I guess I just have to keep doing it so I get better at letting my fingers do the walking in front of an audience!)
--Linda and Laura (friends from NFIB) came to hear the round and made my night!

Thursday, 12/2:
--Work - Day three of Webtrends consultant; More good stuff and a long list of things to do!
--Rehearsal - JTC had rehearsal in the AM for his gig with the Coasters, Drifters and Platters on Sunday. Then he worked the late shift at Grassmere.
--Arabella jewelry party after work. Mandy (NFIB co-worker)makes jewelry (it is really good). She has a "Christmas" shopping party each December to help people with Christmas shopping.
--Prime-time - When JTC got home we ate baked chicken and sweet potatoes while watching Survivor and The Apprentice. Then we turned in early!

Friday, 12/3:
--Work - I conducted the first day of usability testing for NFIB.com. We had NFIB members come in and observed them using the site so we could troubleshoot and determine areas to improve. Good stuff. Long day.
--Macaroni Grill / Jeffrey Steele - JTC and I took a trip in the new Element out to Opry Mills for supper at Romano's Macaroni Grill and a Jeffrey Steele show at The Gibson Cafe. We didn't get home until about 1:30. We were wiped out!

Saturday, 12/4:
--AM - Church meeting for me. Errands for JTC.
--PM - Went with JTC to pick up the rental van the band would be using to travel to Indiana Sunday.
--Night - JTC went to bed (he had to be out the door by 5:30 on Sunday morning.) and I went to the Bluebird to hear Bob Dipiero, Al Anderson, Tony Mullins and Leslie Satcher perform in the round. Wow. Incredible show. Got home around 2 a.m.

Sunday, 12/5:
--AM - Woke-up at 5 a.m. with JTC to send him off to Indiana. After he left, I went back to bed and didn't wake up until 10 a.m. Boy did that feel good. Then I ate some leftover tacos, talked on the phone with Jim and then Denice for a while. Watched some TV.
--PM - Had a songwriting appointment with Eric Dout. We wrote a fun 12-bar blues song called "Quit Your Bitchin'" You'll probably never hear it on the radio, but it sure was fun to write.
--Night - Believe it or not, I turned in at around 8:00 or so. My thought was to watch TV for a couple hours in the bedroom and then go to sleep. Well...I think I was asleep by 8:15. Boy did that feel good.

That brings us to today.
--Work.
--JTC gets home around noon.
--JTC has BMT rehearsal tonight.
--And...I may just go to bed early again.

Hope your week was GREAT.
Catch you soon.
XO, BB

No comments: