5.05.2005

Adventures in Music

Yesterday was crazy. Work. Then a church meeting. Then choir rehearsal. Then home around 9 p.m. or so.

Now, any sane person would watch a little TV and go to bed. Right?!

But no, not me. How could I? Johnny Microwave was playing a set on Americana Tonight at the Sutler. I HAD to go see Steve C and Cat.

When I arrived at 10 the show was running behind. So, I got to see Cheley Tackett perform with her buds Lisa Carver and Annie Moser. Good stuff.

Then, Johnny Microwave rocked the house. Cat has such a cool eclectic voice. And, Steve C is one of the best guitar players in Nashville. More good stuff.

I was home by 12:30 or so...And, it was definitely worth it.

Next musical adventure:
Friday night
3rd & Lindsley
Jeffrey Steele – 10:00 pm
Be there and be transformed.
But be warned... if you don't get there early, you'll be standing like a sardine in a can sideways. Jeffrey Steele plays for 3 to 4 hours straight (no breaks... I mean it) and he has so many hits you would think you're listening to a cover band. (Plus, Steve C is Jeffrey's guitar player. Rocks.) Mezmerizingly incredible.

No comments: