7.04.2007

The POLICE!!!

On Monday, Clocky and I made a quick trip to St. Louis to see The Police.

Yesssssssssssss.

No cameras were allowed at the concert... but we were tricky and used our trusty, but crappy, phone camera to catch a blur of the concert and of us having a BLAST. Heh.

The concert was amazing... and we definately had a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Our seats were behind the stage, just up and to the right of Stewart Copeland (drummer). We could see it all and felt like we were part of the show.

As soon as they walked on stage, the hair on my arms stood up and my usually mild mannered husband began cheering enthusiastically. As they began the first song of the night, "Message in a Bottle" I became entranced. It was so overwhelming all I could do is stand there with my mouth gapping open.

Stewart (drums) is phenomenal and definitely the glue of the music. No matter what he's layin' down... it is perfection. And when he starts playing his percussion rig... you can see his mind working. It's no wonder he's scored more than 60 movies since the police parted ways... he's a musical genius.

Sting (vox / bass) is a presence... I found myself watching him a lot. He has command of the stage, his voice is flawless... mesmarizing... and the bass licks he's layin' down... wow. From the first note had the audience involved in the show... and they way he walked around in perfect meter to greet the crowd from all angles was over-the-top... he's so tall and amazingly sculpted.

Andy (guitar) is a string strummin' maniac. He's always listening... ready to play his part while also ready to respond to the stuff going on around him on stage.

Yeah... I know there's always talk of them not getting along and all... but it looked to me like there were three brothers out there on stage... having fun and not trying to be anything or meet any expectations. They were there for US. They were there for themselves. They were having a ball performing together. It was an experience I'll never forget.

Wish I had a USB port on my brain so I could share the video and photos that my memory took of the event.

Another highlight of the night was the opening act, fictionplane. It was Sting's son's band. Same configuration as the Police (bass, guitar and drums) with a contemporary rock feel. There was no mistaking that it was Sting's son once he opened his mouth to sing.

If you get a chance to see them, take it.

No comments: