7.25.2005

Moving Furniture

All those cleaning products really inspired me.

So, I spent yesterday afternoon and last night (til midnight) thoroughly cleaning the living room, scrubbing the carpets, mopping the kitchen floor, washing the windows (inside and out), scrubbing off scuff marks, dusting and washing the walls.

And, in my world, a good deep cleaning also means BB has to rearrange the furniture, the wall hangings and change out the rugs.

Of course, I like to do this when JTC isn't around, which means I'm hefting the furniture and stuff around solo. As I'm doing it, I'm thinking, "Me... strong woman. Not need help. Ugh."

Today I'm thinking, "Me... stupid woman. Aching back... sore shoulders... dust sneezes. What was I thinkin'?"

Believe it or not, I'm not done. Plan to finish tonight while John is at a rehearsal. Which means, I'll be an even bigger whiner tomorrow! HA.

BUT... It sure looks good at my house now. Maybe I need to have a party to celebrate! **hee hee**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An outdoor deck party, possibly?? I wanna come hang out. Actually...wish I could have been there to help in your cleaning mode! You know how I love to clean! I'm sure it looks great....how did you rearrange the furniture? Had a good weekend...but did NOT like the movie "War of the Worlds" Friday night(none of us - T, Jer or me). Wasted my money, and 2 hours of my life I can't get back! Worked OT on Sat., and was exhausted from that. Did go music CD shopping with T yesterday on Sunday - which was fun, and helped her string new lights I bought for her outdoor patio umbrella...very cool. Then last night, went to the Luverne drive-in...that movie was much more enjoyable. Another "family outing" with T & Deven, Jer, T's 2 nephews, and me.....and lots of treats and snacks to eat! Heard from Ken. His dad fell and broke his hip and had to have surgery this weekend. But, he's back in town now for a while after driving Sencore truck back from Canada. I hope you're having a good Monday. Say hi to Johnny and JC. Talk to ya soon. Love ya ~ Denice

BB Logan said...

Ahhh man! I LOVED War of the Worlds. Intense. But then, I guess we already know that our taste in movies tends to be opposite, huh?! Funny.

What movie did you see at the drive in?

Sorry to hear about Ken's dad. Sending thoughts and prayers his way.

Wish you could have been here, too. I'm thinking of painting this fall. Wanna come and have a painting party with me? ** wink **
XO,
BB