7.02.2005

Ten happy little piggies.

Yesterday, I got off early at work due to the holiday weekend.
Whoohooo.

So, Linda and I decided to get indulge ouselves and get pedicures. It was only the second time I'd ever had a pedicure... and I'm not sure why. Man, are my feet happy and pretty (and let me tell you... that's quite a feet feat!) I think I'm going to start getting them once a month.

If you've never had a pedicure, here's how it works:

First, I chose the color, "gypsy cocoa" which was a really dark brick red, I wanted to have painted on my toes. (MEN: skip this part or go for a matte finish clear coat. Seriously... Men get pedicures, too. Don't poo-poo the idea just because you have outdoor plumbing. In fact, if your single, clean well-groomed feet are impressive to the ladies... really... I swear.)

Then, I sat in this massage chair with my feet soaking in a mineral water mini-jacuzzi. While my feet were having a good time below, my back and butt were also getting a massage. Very relaxing.

One at a time, Stephen (my pedicurist who moved to the U.S. from Vietnam seven years ago) fixed-up every single toe on each foot. Cuticles were trimmed. Toenails were filed and buffed. He put several different kinds of lotion and goop on my feet, too.

After the ten little piggies were in ship shape, they began work on my entire foot. My favorite part is when he buffed the soles of my feet using this pumice stone thingy. (This is the part that made Linda giggle.) It feels sooooo good. They also gave my feet and calves a nice massage at this point. AAAaaaaaahhhhh.

Finally, once all the buffing, trimming and goop application was complete, he put dividers between my toes and began applying the "gypsy cocoa" to my squeaky clean tonails. First a clear coat, then the color and then another clear coat of something.

Once the polish was applied, Stephen gave me these funky flip-flop things to wear while I waited for the toe fans to dry my nails. I looked like a duck walking around in them.

And, let me tell you, I don't have the prettiest feet in the world, but if I do say so myself... my feet look and feel FABULOUS.

I highly recommend treating yourself to a pedicure.

3 comments:

chez bez said...

I'm one of those men who is curious but resistant to the whole pedicure experience. Just when I start thinking of making an appointment, I meet a girl who thinks that no man should ever want to do anything of the kind.

Give me time though. I will experience it and love it.

Linda said...

Do it Michael, do it! You won't regret it!

BB Logan said...

Point taken, M. BUT... I agree with L on this one... GO FOR IT. It feels so good.

And, if you are really worried about it... make it a date with Paige. She'll think you are the KING!