9.15.2006

The check engine light

...came on in the Element on the way home from my session tonight. So, in my usual fashion (since the dealer was closed) I did a little Googling to find out what could be causing that little orange light to stay on.

On a couple sites, I found out that the check engine light will come on if you don't get the gas cap tight enough on Honda SUVs and the like. (This is Broken's post was my favorite.)

**fingers crossed**

Going out to tighten the gas cap right now... and let's hope that's all that is wrong!

I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE 1:10 AM - It worked!
On my way home from seeing Pat Mclaughlin play at Douglas Corner (the show was smokin' by the way... I highly recommend takin' one in if you get the chance) the light went out.

Yay!

**happy dancing**

No comments: