9.16.2006

Music 4 MusiCares Benefit TONIGHT

Last minute gig addition... and it's REALLY COOL. Shawn Byrne called yesterday to ask me to sing a tune with The Sin City Social Club tonight for the Music 4 MusiCares.

AND... I'm SOOOOO STOKED.

The Sin City Social Club band features some incredible musical cats: Robert Reynolds (The Mavericks), Paul Deakin (The Mavericks), Al Perkins (The Eagles, Emmylou Harris, The Rolling Stones) and Ed Toth (Doobie Brothers, Vertical Horizon)

Several talented established and up-and-coming artists are fronting the songs: Elizabeth Cook, Lauren Lucas, Mondo Sans, Amelia White, Shawn Byrne... and more.

We'll be singing 12 to 15 slammin' rock and soul songs. I'm singin' The Faces "Stay With Me" and I'll probably go on around 9 or 9:30.

The event goes from 5 - 10 tonight. Other rockin' feature artists who will perform earlier in the night include: Shawn Byrne, Todd Bradley, Robin Ball, Lynn Manderson and The Carter Administration.

Here's where it's all goin' down:
Acts Music Hall
3315 Charlotte Avenue
615.292.9192
Suggested donation at the door: $15

Here's the exerpt from the Scene about the event (scroll down the page to read it):
Get Your Acts Together

PS: Don't forget... I'm also playin' Lyrix Cafe with five other great writers tonight from 7 - 9 (yes I'll be haulin' bootay to get over to the other gig after... but it is sooooo worth it!)

UPDATE 09.17.06: I had a BLAST singing last night... at Lyrix and at the MusiCares benefit. "Stay with me" was soooo fun to perform. Thanks to Shawn for inviting me and the band for being so rockin'. Thanks to everyone who came out to support live music!

No comments: