6 weird things about me
- This farm girl used to get confused by eating times... for example, to me "lunch" meant "dinner" and "dinner" meant "supper". (Lunch is a snack you have at 4 or 5 in the afternoon, usually out in the field.) Of course, now that I'm officially a "town girl" after living away from home for almost 20 years, I've settled into the city terminology. Now, when I go home to visit I get confused. Heh... go figure.
- My favorite Christmas movie ever is "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas".
- I used to chase hot air balloons. Seriously. My friend Kay and her husband Mark are professional hot air balloon pilots. I crewed and flew with for her for several years... and even trained to be a pilot. It's amazing. I highly recommend it.
- I graduated from college without having to borrow money to pay for it. Had a little dough from my Grandparents and I sold my 4-H animals to help save for college tuition. Since that wasn't quite enough to complete my college experience, I always had at least two, sometimes three jobs. I was a pizza delivery driver, an X-ray transporter, a waitress, a cook, a marketing assistant and a resident assistant... all the while carrying 18 - 20 credit hours a semester. Needless to say, between studying, class and work, I slept about 2 - 3 hours a night. (My friend Denice recently confessed to me that she thought I was certifiable at the time.)
- I don't like to sleep. I always feel like I'm missing out on something. It may have something to do with #4.
- I'm a little OC about cupboard and fridge organization. At home, everything has its place and, thankfully, John only occassionally uses my obsession to mess with me. I even find myself reorganizing the cupboards and fridge at work. All the snacks in one place, all the soda on the same shelf in rows, etc. Oh yeah... and there can only be one of something open at a time... one peanut butter, one butter, one milk, etc. It's a sickness.