9.07.2005

The forgotten Kookaburra!

I realized last night that I completely left out the Kookaburra pic from our St. Louis Zoo trip.

Until I saw the bird on display, I never made the connection that it actually existed. I just thought it was a name made up to serve the song. HA. (It's an Australian bird that sounds like this.).

The zoo should place a mic near its display and catch the nat sound of everyone (including me) trying to remember the Kookaburra song.

It was hilarious.

Here it is for those of you who are now scratching your head trying to remember.

Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree
Merry merry king of the bush is he
Laugh Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra
Gay your life must be

Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree
Eating all the gumdrops he can see
Stop Kookaburra, stop Kookaburra
Leave some gums for me

Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree
Counting all the monkeys he can see
Stop Kookaburra, stop Kookaburra
That's no monkey, that's ME!!!

Great... now it is going to be a continuous loop stuck in my head all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you believe I was actually trying to remember the words to this song a few weeks ago. Mystery solved! Thanks.

BB Logan said...

NP DP.
**wink**

Damn song is still stuck in my head.