7.20.2006

Thinking about a Mac

I spent the better part of my night and morning reformatting both our computers (PC and laptop) at home. It's like the tenth time in 12 months we've had to wipe everything out and start over.

While I'm cabable of faking it doing this, I'm sick of the viruses and spyware that end up taking them down... at least that is what I think is happening anyway.

Part of the problem is that I'm cheap frugal and we were on dial-up at home. (Hey... it was $10 a month!) Consequently, we weren't able to keep up with the virus updates and windows updates. (Who has time to wait for a 3 hour download?!).

So, last night I also activated cable internet access with Comcast. They had a special, so I finally just gave in and called. Got my cable modem hummin' along and have done all the updates, downloads and firewalls for everything.

We'll see how it goes.

Blah blah blah.

Bottom line is that we've been considering switching to Mac for several months now. I've read / heard that Macs don't have these types of problems.

Anyone have any feedback on this concept?

I'm gonna be using a Mac at my new job (which I'm pumped about) but I'm no techie and welcome any info you "mac people" (Rex) can provide.

2 comments:

Linda said...

If you're using a Mac at work, you'll quickly decide to switch at home too.

And Comcast has free McAfee protection for their customers - log in to your Comcast account (from home), click on "security" and set it up, if you haven't already.

BB Logan said...

Yeah... I'm thinkin' you may be right about that.

And... I'm on it. I was late to work this morning because I was setting up McAfee. Figured Clocky would be online when he wasn't practicin' this afternoon (since it's going to be so much more fun than before) and didn't want to take any chances.