9.28.2004

American Red Cross Benefit

We went to an American Red Cross Benefit last night. Saw some rising stars, some musician friends and one of my favorite songwriters.

Brad Cotter and his band played. (Brad is the winner of this year's Nashville Star.) He was pretty good...a little drunk...but good. (I'd love to catch him when he's sober.)

Jamie Garner, another Nashville Star contestant, was also in the line-up. He and his band were GREAT. He's definitely someone to watch.

Then, of course the real reason we were there at all, Steve C (my friend and favorite guitar player) along with the other cool guys in the band (Tom Hambridge, KK, Scott Baggens and Rusty Golden) were playing with Jeffrey Steele (one of my favorite songwriters). They were on fire as usual. Biggest bummer of the night was that they only played for 30 minutes.

Good stuff.
I LOVE that about Nashville...that national acts feel local.

No comments: