9.07.2004

Jonell, Jeffrey and Billy Ray

After our Turkish feast, John and I went home. Since John had to work at 7 a.m. on Saturday, he wanted to catch some zzzzzz's. Both Jonell Mosser and Jeffrey Steele were playing on Friday, so I decided to go out to see both of them!

First was Jonell at 3rd & Lindsley. She was appearing with Dan Baird (Georgia Satellites) and Bob Brit (Wynonna, Dixie Chicks, John Fogerty) on guitars and Etta Brit. It was GREAT. They were all on fire and I had a hard time leaving after the first set!

Then, I went to the Bluebird to see Jeffrey and the guys. Earlier Friday night, I wasn't planning to go see Jeffrey at the Bluebird because I thought it was going to be just him and his guitar...which would be cool, but I wasn't in the mode for that. Then I talked to Steve C. (Jeffrey's guitar player and my friend) as I was driving to 3rd. He was in the parking lot of the Bluebird trying to find a place to park. Jeffrey was playing with the whole band. Whoohoo. (Steve C is an incredible guitar player.) Anyway, I ended up getting to the Bluebird at around 11:20. As per usual, Jeffrey and the guys played until past 1 a.m. The show was incredible. Plus, Gwen was there...and oh yeah!!!...I almost forgot...she was sitting with Billy Ray Cyrus. What a hoot! He was there with his wife and really diggin' it. He LOVED Steve C's playing, too. Watched him like a hawk and was very complimentary to him at the end of the night.

It was definitely a good night for music.


No comments: