9.10.2004

Betty Ladas, Wayland Patton and BMT

Wednesday, after choir, I went to see my friend Betty Ladas at The Sutler. She was performing for a taping of a radio series, Americana Tonight. It was great.

After the Sutler, Betty, Patricia (founder of a new publishing group Next Number 1 Music Group) and I went to the Bluebird to catch the last half of a writers round with Wayland Patton, Billy Ray Cyrus, Eric Heatherly and Susan Haynes. Very cool.

Wayland is good friends with my friend Donna Ulisse. They write together and their voices sound great together as well. I'd met Wayland and Emily, his wife, at Donna and Rick's house in April when Paige, Denice and Brenda were visiting. What I didn't know at that time was that Wayland has quite a bio. He's worked with some biggies: Garth Brooks, Emmylou Harris, Kathy Mattea, Ricky Skaggs, Tanya Tucker, Don Williams, Glen Campbell, Patty Loveless, Eric Heatherly, Neal Coty, Lee Greenwood, Anne Murray, Rebecca Lynn Howard and Chris LeDoux (just to name a few)

He's also got this song called: "My dog at my last Prozac (and the liquor store is closed)" It's pretty funny and definitely catchy. You would get a kick out of it. It's on his latest CD, Mother of All Heartaches and there is a sound clip at his site if you want to check it out.

Well...not much else to tell. Yesterday I was in meeting hell. Last night I didn't do a darn thing!

Tonight I'm going to help Jonell Mosser sell T-shirts at her gig at BB Kings.

Tomorrow, I think I'll be cleaning and cleaning some more!!!

Hope all is well.
Have a GREAT weekend.

xoxoxo,
BB

No comments: