2.13.2005

Funeral of a friend's daughter.

After my meet-up on Saturday, I attended and sang at the funeral of Manny and Pat Buzell's daughter. A severe asthma attack took Jackie's life last Monday. She was only 43.

The whole thing really hit me when I saw Manny & Pat give her one last kiss goodbye. It took everything I had not to cry while I was singing...I was shaking.

Then her husband spoke about her...and I cried giant crocodile tears. They were a team and he was lost without her.

While the whole experience was so sad...it also caused me to take stock in my life (as these events often do). It made me appreciate my wonderful husband more than ever. John is my better half and the thought of living in a world without him...well...I don't want to think about it.

It also made me think hard about our families and friends. They're literally a thousand miles away. I've got to get better at keeping in touch and letting them know that I do think about them all the time. Sometimes it's just too easy to get caught up in the day-to-day. Time passes way too quickly. I don't ever want to wish that I'd called or visited more often...because at some point...it will be too late.

Anyway...blah blah blah....
BOTTOM LINE:
Love you guys.
BB

No comments: