2.13.2005

Nashville Blogger Meet-up

On Saturday, I attended a "Nashville Blogger Meet-up" with Lindadblu and Bruce LeRoy. There were probably 20 or 25 people there. It was great to meet some of the people behind the blogs and get to say hello to old friends as well. Hammock-man was there with his son Knight...who got to help sign-off the AM newscast. Pretty cool.

The most interesting part of it for me was just stepping foot into News 2 for the first time in almost two years. Despite my initial apprehension about this, it went well. Saw some old friends and got to see some things that have happened since I left.

While the tone of the meet-up was up and positive. I must say, red flags went up in my head...only because I know that for the most part the station (management) is long on talk and short on action. News 2 says they are going to "collaborate with bloggers" and Sechrist gave the bloggers present at the meet-up an outline of how they plan to do this. My hope is that there is really a plan...an that they will follow-through. Keep your fingers crossed that it wasn't just a bunch of hot air.

No comments: