2.23.2005

Song Camp 101 Overview

Wow. I spent the last three days (2/20 - 22) at NSAI's Song Camp 101 here in Nashville. It was overwhelmingly excellent. So good, I'm not even sure I can explain how good it was right now.

There are so many ideas and foundational songwriting things floating around in my head, it is hard to focus on anything else. I've got some songs to re-write...but for the most part am ready to just start writing new songs using all the great tools I learned at Song Camp.

Song Camp faculty included:

Tim Johnson:
"Thank God For Believers" (Mark Chestnutt) and "Someone You Used To Know" (Collin Raye)

Hugh Prestwood:
"The Song Remembers When" (Trisha Yearwood), "On The Verge" (Collin Raye)

James Dean Hicks:
"The Hole" (Randy Travis), "Jesus and Mama" (Confederate Railroad)

Ralph Murphy:
"He Got You" (Ronnie Milsap), "Half The Way" (Crystal Gayle)

Rick Beresford:
"If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me" (George Jones)

Angela Kaset:
"Something In Red" (Lorrie Morgan), "What If It's Me" (Jennifer Day)

Each person brought a unique perspective and advice, but, there was also a lot of very consistent information provided as well. When I come down from the experience a little, I'll tell you more about it.

In the meantime...I'll be catching up at work and writing more songs!

No comments: