2.09.2007

Last night at the Bluebird

Wow... what a night!

Last night was a double header night at the Bluebird Cafe... and I'm so glad I was there for both shows.

At 6, it was Jeff Jackson, Bill Tennyson, Craig Winquist and Denise Locke. All are incredible writers and performers. The round had great chemistry. These guys are on their way.

Then, at 9:00 it was "A Night of Rock and Roll Stories In The Round" with Chris Wallin, Jim Peterick, Bonnie Bramlett and Kelly Keagy.

Chris Wallin has cuts with Trace Adkins (I’m Tryin’) and Montgomery Gentry (Speed, Somethin' to be Proud Of).

Jim Peterick was a member of Survivor (remember Eye of the Tiger?). Every song he performed took me back to high school.

Same thing with Kelly Keagy. The drummer with Night Ranger... and he sang and wrote several of the hits we all know. It was truly amazing.

And last, but certainly not least, Bonnie Bramlett wow'd everyone with her bluesy, soulful voice. She’s sung with Joe Cocker, Carly Simon, and Jimmy Buffett... and is the Bonnie part of 60s & 70s group, Delaney and Bonnie. The highlight of the whole night was her singing the song everyone knows, Superstar (Recorded by The Carpenters... "Don't you remember you told me you loved me, baby. You said you'd be comin' back this way again, baby. Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh baby... I love you. I really do. heh... told you that you knew it.)

Only in Nasvhille.
I love this town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that "Somethin' to Be Proud of." I can't help it.