2.15.2007

Spam hashbrown bake?

Note the random ad link that showed up in my Gmail today:
Spam Hashbrown Bake.

Hmmmm... Is someone actually paying to have this link show up? I was deleting my spam when I saw it... or maybe Google is just tapping into my deep dark "SPAM" memories somehow (as a child, I remember my Grandma making cubed ham, eggs and refried potatoes).

Either way, I ended up clicking the link cause I thought it was kinda funny. (Couldn't resist!)

Here is the recipe if you want it:

SPAM HASHBROWN BAKE
Yield: 8 Servings

1 - 32 oz pk frozen hashbrown potatoes, thawed slightly
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 - 12 oz can SPAM luncheon meat, cubed
1 - 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup CHI-CHI's diced green chilies, drained
2 cups crushed potato chips

Heat oven to 350' F. In large bowl, combine potatoes, melted butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In another bowl, combine cheese, SPAM, soup, sour cream, milk, onion, and green chilies. Add SPAM mixture to potato mixture; mix well. Pour into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with potato chips. Bake 45-60 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It ain't random... the crowd at Gmail are using "targeted" ads; which means they search through & compare your incoming/outgoing mail with their ad database to come up with "relevant" postings. (Slightly creepy?) I got the same ad as you when I checked my "spam" inbox. Guess they don't differentiate between the stuff you want & the crap you don't...