3.28.2005

Easter Weekend Wrap-up

Friday, I left work early, went to Good Friday services and then went home to do absolutely nothing. It felt GREAT.

Saturday, I met Lindadblu for coffee at 7 a.m. We hung out at Starbucks for an hour or so. Then I had choir rehearsal from 10 - 1 ish to get one final practice in before Easter services yesterday. After rehearsal, Linda and I hooked up again for an adult beverage at Johnathans. Then Saturday night, strict vocal rest, cleaning and watching Briget Jones (that I borrowed from Linda) were on the agenda. (Cute flick. But, I liked the first one better.)

Sunday, Easter services at CLC. Both services were incredible. The message was right on. Everything was working together to make for one of my most memorable Easter's services ever. As for my "I know my redeemer liveth" solo, both services went well, but my favorite was the second service because I was able to sing the entire song (The church was packed!). I really love that song. The words are so powerful.

Then, Michelle, Eric and Bob came over. We celebrated Easter with hamburgers on the grill, pasta salad, parsley creamed potatoes and tons of good conversation.

The BEST moment of the day was John's arrival home at around 7 p.m. Whoohooooo. Sure is good to have him back. (He'd been out on a Florida tour with BMT since 3/18) We grabbed a quick dinner at Las Palmas and were sleeping soundly by 9:30 or so.

How'd your weekend go?

No comments: