6.16.2005

MS & the Family Wash

Went out to see my friend Melissa Sigler play at the Family Wash last night.

Melissa was on fire with her Louisiana band: Shannon (harp), Bruce Miller (guitar) and Kathy (drums). If you ever get a chance to see her play, go for it. She's swampy and bluesy and has a deep sultry gravely voice that grabs you by the... well... you know. *wink*

I hadn't been to the Family Wash before last night. It was very intimate and the food was great. Betty and I munched on baked Brie served w/cranberry jalapeno relish, honey & toast points. It was sooooo good. Then we ordered the hummus served w/olive & pepper tapenade & warm pita points. Yuhuhuhmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee. And those items were just from the starter menu. Next time I go I'm going to try an entrée. If they are even half as good as the appetizers, I'll be in heaven.

No comments: